[Mimedefang] Oversized email

Rob Dege rcd at amherst.com
Tue Apr 9 08:39:34 EDT 2002

I was going through my MIMEDefang folder today, and noticed a slew of
mdefang* directories resident from a few days ago.  Upon investigation, I
discovered that these emails were fairly large in content.  My concern is
that my filter is supposed to omit any message larger than 100K.  Yet, a
`du -s` showed the messages were over 300K in size.  I can't figure out why
the emails were processed.  DO you see any discrepancies?

========== mimedefang-filter===========

sub filter_begin {

    if ((-s "./INPUTMSG") <= 102400) {
        my($hits, $req, $names, $report) = spam_assassin_check();
        action_add_header("X-Spam-Status", "hits=$hits required=$req");
        action_add_header("X-Spam-Report","$report");

        if ($hits >= $req) {
                action_quarantine_entire_message();
                action_discard();
        }