[Mimedefang] File::Scan

Nels Lindquist nlindq at maei.ca
Fri Apr 5 15:26:20 EST 2002

On 5 Apr 2002 at 13:49, Rich West wrote:

> Has anyone tried out the File::Scan perl module?  Has anyone tried to
> integrate it into MimeDefang?  I am just curious since I noticed it fly
> by on Freshmeat.net, and, after looking into it, it looks rather decent,
> and it fits nicely into the MimeDefang perl filtering model..

I went and got a copy after reading your message.

It seems to be pretty fast, actually.  I'd expect that integrating it
with MIMEDefang would be pretty easy, too, and one could avoid the
overhead of starting another process.

I'm curious as to how well they can keep up to date with current
viruses, though.  A simple check over a month's worth of MIMEDefang
quarantined "virus archives" resulted in a Hybris variant being
missed.

I'm a little hesitant to trust it yet.

----
Nels Lindquist <*>