[Mimedefang] Blatant sales job 2: Commercial anti-spam demo

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Mon Apr 1 17:55:31 EST 2002

Hi,

A while back, I was asked if anyone was interested in funding an anti-spam
system.  No-one was.  I wrote it anyway, but it's going to be commercial
software rather than free software.

If anyone's interested in being a beta-test site, please let me know.

You can get a small taste by looking at my live spam trap:

	http://www.roaringpenguin.com/canit/

Login as user "demo", password "demo".  You cannot see pending messages;
only ones which I've marked as spam.  A real user would see pending messages
and be able to accept or reject them.  The "super-user" can add other users
and edit their permissions and passwords.

The system runs on Apache, PHP and PostgreSQL.  I haven't set prices yet,
but I'm figuring something on the order of $5K for an "enterprise license."
The product may be sold as software which you (or I) install on your
mail server.  I'm also thinking of offering a "black-box" appliance
with the anti-spam and filtering software all set up and web-configurable.
This appliance just goes in front of your existing mail server, be it
Sendmail, Exchange or whatever.

Anyway, if you're interested in beta-testing, please drop me a line
off-list.

Roaring Penguin Software Inc. | http://www.roaringpenguin.com
GPG fingerprint: C523 771C 3710 0F54 B2D2 4B0D C6EF 6991 34AB 95BA
GPG public key:  http://www.roaringpenguin.com/dskoll-key-2002.txt ID: 34AB95BA