[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang 3.4.1 fixes

Dianne Skoll dianne at skoll.ca
Tue Jun 4 07:52:28 EDT 2024

[Original MIMEDefang author here]
On Mon, 3 Jun 2024 20:34:47 -0600 (MDT)
Marc Aurèle La France via MIMEDefang <mimedefang at lists.mimedefang.org>
wrote:

> - In both mimedefang and the multiplexor, fix use-after-free of
> lockfile name.

I saw this and thought "wait a sec... I never freed the lockfile name"
A "git blame" shows it was done after I'd stopped maintaining MIMEDefang...
*whew*. :)

I think there's a need for more serious code review, folks.

> - In mimedefang, fix minor memory leak caused by specifying more than
> one -m option.

I would make that a fatal error rather than just acceping the last -m
option.

> - Ensure mimedefang deletes its socket upon termination.

I guess that's cleaner, but is it really necessary?  You patch also fails
if the milter socket is a TCP socket rather than a UNIX-domain socket
or is specified as "unix:/path/to/file"  All-in-all, I don't think
it's worth trying to delete the socket.

Regards,

Dianne.