[Mimedefang] How is mimedefang-filter loaded into mimedefang.pl? (Typo in previous message fixed)

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Thu Feb 16 06:24:36 EST 2023

--On Wednesday, February 15, 2023 5:30 PM -0500 Mark London via MIMEDefang
<mimedefang at lists.mimedefang.org> wrote:

> Kenneth -  I see different commands processes running on redhat vs
> Ubuntu.
> Specifically I see "/usr/bin/perl /usr/bin/mimedefang.pl -server" on
> redhat.  I can't figure out how that command is created.
>
> As an aside, on both system, SUBFILTER was commented out. Uncommenting it
> on Ubuntu had no effect.  Thanks. - Mark

Assuming Ubuntu also uses systemd, start at
/usr/lib/systemd/system/mimedefang.service. It runs a wrapper script that
starts all the other processes. The unit file reads the sysconfig file. The
wrapper script parses the sysconfig variables to decide what to start.