[Mimedefang] How is mimedefang-filter loaded into mimedefang.pl? (Typo in previous message fixed)

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Wed Feb 15 16:47:34 EST 2023

On 2/15/2023 1:33 PM, Mark London via MIMEDefang wrote:
> Hi - How is/etc/mail/mimedefang-filter loaded?
>
> I don't see how mimedefang.pl loads it.

It's loaded at the top of main(), at line 302 in mimedefang.pl. The path
can be overridden with the -f switch. How are you launching the system?
How does Ubuntu run it? On Red Hat, systemd launches it via
/usr/lib/systemd/system/mimedefang.service and uses
/etc/sysconfig/mimedefang to select the "subfilter" file
(/etc/mail/mimedefang-filter). It sounds like Ubuntu is doing something
different to launch it.