[Mimedefang] mimedefang 3.3, filter_sender and md_dkim_verify()

Bill Cole mdlist-20140424 at billmail.scconsult.com
Fri Apr 21 18:13:08 EDT 2023

On 2023-04-21 at 17:47:59 UTC-0400 (Fri, 21 Apr 2023 17:47:59 -0400)
Ralph Hayon via MIMEDefang <mimedefang at lists.mimedefang.org>
is rumored to have said:

> Ok, thanks.
>
> If that is the case, how can I do the same with mimedefang ?
>
> Is there a way to easily extract the select fields I need from
> INPUTMSG (sender, host, etc) after filter_begin()?

See the section  "GLOBAL VARIABLES SET BY MIMEDEFANG.PL" in the man page
for mimedefang-filter.

The filter_begin() function (as well as later functions) is passed a
MIME::Entity object as an argument. See "perldoc MIME::Entity" and
"perldoc MIME::Head" for details of how to extract the whole header
block and specific header values.

If you are more comfortable working directly with text, you also have
access to the INPUTMSG and HEADERS files in the mimedefang working
directory.