[Mimedefang] MsgID between sendmail and mimedefang issue

Ernst du Plooy eduplooy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 22:59:05 EST 2021

>Are you possibly running two instances of MIMEDefang on the same machine?

[root at relay2 ~]# ps -ef |grep multiplexor
defang   13036     1  0 05:10 ?        00:00:01
/usr/bin/mimedefang-multiplexor -p /run/mimedefang-multiplexor.pid -o
/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang-multiplexor.lock -F
/etc/mail/mimedefang-filter -m 40 -x 400 -y 0 -U defang -i 300 -b 600 -q 30
-Q 30 -l -s /var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang-multiplexor.sock
defang   13053     1  0 05:10 ?        00:00:08 /usr/bin/mimedefang -P
/run/mimedefang.pid -o /var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.lock -m
/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang-multiplexor.sock -y -R -1 -U defang -t -p
/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock

>Or could you have a cron job or some other thing that's cleaning up
/>var/spool/MIMEDefang?

Not that I am aware of, I checked cron and could not find anything.  To
verify I'll configure ionotify to monitor the directory