[Mimedefang] Spamassassin Removal?

Giovanni Bechis giovanni at paclan.it
Tue Jul 27 09:31:07 EDT 2021

On 7/27/21 2:31 PM, Dianne Skoll via MIMEDefang wrote:
>> However, it also won't hurt anything to have spamassassin there. Just
>> takes up a little disk space as long as you turn off any services
>> like spamd.
> Well, every mimedefang.pl process will have unnecessary glue code using
> up RAM unless you hack mimedefang.pl... which again invites a world of pain
> from your package manager.

Unfortunately this is still true with Mimedefang 2.84, with upcoming 2.85 version
you can just set $Features{"SpamAssassin"}=0 and no additional code will be loaded.

Anyway the unnecessary glue code that is loaded is not that big and I doubt it could impact performances
if you are using modern hardware/vm.

 Giovanni