[Mimedefang] [External] Re: Test

Fredrik Pettai pettai at sunet.se
Sun Nov 22 12:42:15 EST 2020

> On 19 Nov 2020, at 20:25, Kevin A. McGrail <kmcgrail at pccc.com> wrote:
>

>>> hope for spamassassin writed in python is a long term dream, just
>>> like unifi wifi ax
>> No chance of that happening, I'd say.  There's only downside involved
>> in such a rewrite.
>
> Have you looked at Orange Spam?  That was effectively a lightweight rewrite of SA in Python.  Not as feature rich but I believe rulesets were compatible.  They got bought by SolarWinds so I don't know if the project is alive any more.

This one? https://github.com/SpamExperts/OrangeAssassin ?
It looked alive (it had recent commits), but a closer look shows its automation jobs doing all commits & pull requests etc. the last year(s).
(but then again, SpamAssassin isn’t fast moving target these days…)

Re,
/P

PS. Is there a (hidden) pun in “orange assassin” that non-native English speakers don’t understand? Or perhaps it’s something Dutch… (SpamExperts originate from Holland I believe DS.