[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang and Postfix (was Re: Hi, and an update)

Dianne Skoll dianne at skoll.ca
Mon Jul 27 14:57:11 EDT 2020

> I've recently taken a position at Best Practical Solutions (the folks
> who make RT / Request Tracker.)  I actually have to integrate MIMEDefang
> with Postfix, which is not something I've done before, so I'm interested
> in hearing tips or pointers from people who have done this.

Well, it turned out to be super-easy.  The only minor wrinkle was that
I made the mimedefang socket an inet socket (127.0.0.1:8443) because Postfix
runs in a chroot environment, so it was just easier that way.
Then I just added this to /etc/postfix/master.cf:

smtpd_milters = inet:127.0.0.1:8443

and everything just worked!

Despite having used Sendmail for a long time (20 years?), I have to say I'm
a fan of Postfix.  Very easy to set up and quite well designed.

Regards,

Dianne.