[Mimedefang] utf-8 issue?

Bill Cole mdlist-20140424 at billmail.scconsult.com
Wed Jan 29 11:10:15 EST 2020

On 29 Jan 2020, at 8:54, Alexey Lobanov wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I ask you very much to continue the thread started in 2017. The
> problem
> persists, and it is really annoying.
>
> In brief: Mimedefang dies while message checking if *all *of following
> conditions happen:
>
> 1. Attachment extension is "bad" and the attachment should be
> quarantined.
>
> 2. Attachment file name is non-ASCII and so why is encoded in UTF-8.
>
> 3. UTF-8 header encoding in original message is "incorrect" in some
> way.
> Not sure what it means; many other Unicode filenames are processed and
> quarantined properly.
>
> I have supplied example strings to the maillist in 2018, and can add
> more examples.

I'm unable to reproduce this with those scraps. If you have (or can
construct) a full message which reproduces the problem, please provide
it.

I see that Dianne acknowledged the issue
(https://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2018-June/038300.html)
but it was not fixed in 2.84 and I'm not sure exactly what the fix might
be.

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com or billcole at apache.org