[Mimedefang] KAM for MIMEDefang Leadership Role

Bill Cole mdlist-20140424 at billmail.scconsult.com
Tue Oct 22 00:34:57 EDT 2019

On 21 Oct 2019, at 17:51, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:

> Good Evening everyone,
>
> My name is Kevin A. McGrail.  I've been a long-time user of
> MIMEDefang
> and I'd like to put myself forward to take the mantle of leadership
> from
> DFS now that she has moved on to other work.  I don't envision it
> will
> be as amazing as under Dianne's leadership but I look to continue
> maintaining MD for the public good.
>
> I've been a PMC Member/Developer/VP & Release Manager of Apache
> SpamAssassin as well as serving as an executive officer at the ASF.
> I'm
> good at administrivia and foundational work so I would work to make
> sure
> the project has a home.  I would likely work on that first while also
> working on any backlog of submitted patches.
>
> I welcome any all support for such a role.

I think this is great news. I have interacted with Kevin as a fellow
SpamAssassin & MIMEDefang user for a dozen years, worked with him more
closely since 2016 as a SpamAssassin committer and ASF member, and
worked as an independent consultant for PCCC (and hence with Kevin)
since 2018. I don't believe there could be a better caretaker for
MIMEDefang as an OSS project in lieu of Dianne.

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com or billcole at apache.org