[Mimedefang] Migrating boilerplate signature fronte altermime

Riccardo Bicelli r.bicelli at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 10:16:23 EST 2019

Hello,
In my mail systems I'm using Mimedefang mainly for decode TNEF attachments.
For company signatures I developed a boilerplate generator in perl
which queries LDAP (AD) Servers. This is done via Altermime and is
working pretty well.

Now I'd want to port my generator to Mimedefang.

I have a couple questions:

1. Images
With altermime is nearly impossible to add images as attached/boundary
so I have to insert them as base64 ecoded in img tag. With mimedefang
Is there a way to add images boundary in boilerplate?

2. Base64 encoded messages
Some mobile devices send messages encoded in base64. Is it possible
adding a base64 boilerplate in Mimedefang?

Cheers,
Riccardo