[Mimedefang] Doing SRS Rewriting with Postfix (do not look up recipients starting with SRS)

Benoit Panizzon benoit.panizzon at imp.ch
Fri Jan 4 07:54:52 EST 2019

Hi List

Ok, after some more google and try and error. I figured it out.

So let's put the solution here so google can index it if somebody else
looks for it.

If you use the verify functions to do a call ahead destination
verification for relayed domains, you need to

smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
	[...]
	check_recipient_access regexp:/etc/postfix/noverify
	reject_unverified_recipient

/etc/postfix/noverify
  /^SRS.*/        OK

For local mailboxes you need something similar:

virtual_mailbox_maps = mysql:(whatever you use to query local mailboxes) regexp:/etc/postfix/dummy-recipients.regexp

/etc/postfix/dummy-recipients.regexp
  /^SRS.*/        /dev/null

This causes Postfix to accept all emails which match this local mailbox
regexp and make it believe to deliver them to /dev/null, which never
happens as we will extract the real recipient from the SRS header with
MIMEDefang.

Mit freundlichen Grüssen

-Benoît Panizzon-
--
I m p r o W a r e   A G    -    Leiter Commerce Kunden