[Mimedefang] filter for dummys like me :)

Bill Cole mdlist-20140424 at billmail.scconsult.com
Sun Jul 15 12:02:26 EDT 2018

On 15 Jul 2018, at 9:27 (-0400), Benny Pedersen via MIMEDefang wrote:

> i would like to learn using mimedefang, have just not yet found a good
> config for it, example code seems to have virus scanning enabled, and
> not any part of spamassassin ?

In the distribution package,
examples/suggested-minimum-filter-for-windows-clients does the needful
SA stuff in filter_end(). The mimedefang-filter(5) man page provides all
the necessary details for how the filter script is structured, including
functionality not exposed in that example script.

> my wish is to use
>
> Mail::DMARC
> Mail::DKIM
> Mail::SPF
>
> in mimedefang, is it possible ?

The mimedefang-filter script is simply a Perl script made up primarily
of subroutines, loaded with a 'require' call from mimedefang.pl. It can
do ANYTHING that you can write the Perl for it to do.

With that said, it is useful to understand that mimedefang's
spam_assassin_check() subroutine returns an array in which the third
item is a comma-delimited string containing the names of all the tests
that have been matched. So if you're calling spam_assassin_check, you
already have end results of DKIM and SPF checks.

> using gentoo where i have added Mail::DMARC as ebuild to have it, the
> 2 others is default portage
>
> where to start make it work ?

filter_end()

--