[Mimedefang] cpanel whm centos 6.9 flag on header keywords?

Chip jeffschips at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 12:23:47 EST 2018

So I'm trying to ascertain the real value of jumping ship from the
filtering capabilities of SpamAssassin (which can use regex expressions)
to a .procmail/perl module hybrid.

Whereas SpamAssassin is already built into Cpanel/WHM and is opeartional
and I have minimally tested it to approval, the hybrid model looks
attractive.

I'm just wondering about the wiring of this into cpanel/WHM and any
conflicts it could create: such as what happens when both SpamAssassin
and perl module hybrid compete for filtering?  Things like that.

The downside of SpamAssassin is it doens't move to folders just changes
the subject line, which I then query in the Cpanel built-in exim filters
to move.

It's kinda 6 to 1, half a dozen to the other.

I have an feeling the hybrid is a cleaner path.

Based on your experience would the hybrid both:

1) examine inbound headers and message body for triggers and then;
2) place in folders accordingly and;
3) NOT alter content?

Because this project may have legal implications, altering the content
is not a great idea.