[Mimedefang] action_drop_with_warning and refuse to sender

Dave Osbourne dave at osbourne.uk.eu.org
Fri Aug 24 06:27:06 EDT 2018

On 2018-08-24 11:10, Marcus Schopen wrote:
> I don't agree. Rejecting a virus email means not receiving it from the
> law side. If you accept an email or just drop it, the problem is on
> your side. That's why I want to reject it, but inform the recipient -
> not the sender - about the rejection. I agree, that most of the senders
> will ignore the rejection, don't scan their logs, or the sender ignores
> bounces from the sending smtp. But again, this is not my problem then.

I don't know how to do a facebook like in ascii, but <thumbs up> from
me, for *exactly* this.

A surprising number of commercial systems get this wrong, or rather they
if they're good they try to do it, but don't get it quite right...  I've
a call with SpamTitan about this this very day!  How odd (;

Mimedefang for almost a decade now.  Love it.  Love the configurability
/ programmability.

Dave