[Mimedefang] Mimedefang - ClamAV statistical data?

Fred de Brouwer brouwerfdb14 at xs4all.nl
Wed Sep 13 14:33:44 EDT 2017

Dear mailing list members,

Our Mimedefang environment consists of the following:
- ClamAV [clamd].
- SpamAssassin including a module:  Stats.pm.
	https://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/StatsPlugin

In the section filter_begin the Virus-scan is performed and when virus/malware is detected it is bounced using:
- return action_bounce("Virus $VirusName detected/not accepted here”);

The Stats.pm module stores statistical data based on the SpamAssassin score in a database and because the Antivirus scan is performed separately from SpamAssassin the statistics module does not ‘know’ the Antivirus-scan outcome and as such no statistical data is stored. I would like to add statistical data from the VirusScanner as well and if possible to use the Stats.PM module directly from within Mimedefang.

* The question I have:
Has someone successfully used such a module directly from within Mimedefang?
Maybe some coding example or some other idea when applicable?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards
 Fred de Brouwer