[Mimedefang] Reload doesnt work

Bill Cole mdlist-20140424 at billmail.scconsult.com
Tue Oct 3 03:18:37 EDT 2017

On 2 Oct 2017, at 4:03, Thomas Kristensen wrote:

> Hey
>
> I got this problem that the reload function doesnt reload my rules.
>
> Nothings happens when i use the reload, i have to stop mimedefang and
> start it again to use the changes made in mimedefang-filter.

This is platform-specific. If your platform uses systemd, the command
"systemctl reload mimedefang"  doesn't reload the mimedefang-filter, it
only reloads the systemd definition of the mimedefang service, which
effectively does nothing. To get your system to reload the
mimedefang-filter, use the md-mx-ctrl tool:

    md-mx-ctrl reread

OR if you are not using the mimedefang-multiplexor (which I think
everyone should...) you can keep using the systemctl stop and start
functions while screaming curses at the abomination that is systemd and
its deeply ignorant design.