[Mimedefang] base64 to quoted-printable

Michael Fox news at mefox.org
Fri Oct 13 15:40:28 EDT 2017

JNOS
http://www.langelaar.net/projects/jnos2/

> } only understands plain text.  It was pretty advanced in its time
>
>      Something this old may not understand quoted-printable.

It doesn't really understand MIME.  So it spits out quoted-printable as the text that it is.

>      I have a similar requirement to modify a message where I'm
> using action_external_filter().  My filter() function looks like
> this:

Excellent.  Examples of similar actions (even if they're not directly applicable) are a real help to a MIMEDefang and Perl newbie.

> There should probably be some more error checking such as making
> sure that action_external_filter() succeeds.  Perhaps if you look
> at the definition of action_external_filter() in mimedefang.pl it
> will give you some ideas.  It's a fairly simple function (most of
> it is error checking).
>
> VA7JMN

Thanks.  I'll do that.

Michael