[Mimedefang] base64 to quoted-printable

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Fri Oct 13 10:43:23 EDT 2017

On Fri, Oct 13, 2017 at 9:53 AM, Michael Fox <news at mefox.org> wrote:
> [...]

Interesting case. Most likely none of us have needed to do this type
of conversion. But you have a tool here that is flexible enough to do
it.

I suppose you want to take the text/plain MIME part and remove any
other parts. Others would be just an HTML alternative or something
that is not text.

If you happen to know that the original was always plain ascii with
normal line lengths (80 or less) then I'd tempted to say just go from
base64 to ascii.

It does make me wonder why it is base64 at all then, but I've been
seeing mail from Exchange that is always base64, so maybe that is what
you are dealing with.

Joe Brennan