[Mimedefang] Error with mimedefang + clamd

Paul Murphy pjm at ousekjarr.org
Fri Nov 24 06:33:30 EST 2017

> I started mimedefang with the -D option, as indicated. However, no working directories within /var/spool/MIMEDefang/
> were created and, as a result, I get in maillog (again):
>
>clamd: WARNING: lstat() failed on: /var/spool/MIMEDefang/mdefang-UBKLc00/Work

Did you check that MIMEDefang was correctly handling mail before you enabled Clamav?  This would suggest that the issue is within MIMEDefang, and that the spool directories are never created, so there is no message to process.

Also, my apologies - the option to keep working directories is "-d", not "-D" ...

Paul.