[Mimedefang] Error with mimedefang + clamd

Info @ brainwash info at brainwash.gr
Thu Nov 23 13:36:50 EST 2017

Hi Dianne,

Thank you for the swift reply.

Tried the commands you mention.. to no effect however.. :(

Still @ maillog:

mimedefang.pl[25993]: B8D39D49: Clamd returned error: lstat() failed: Permission denied.
mimedefang.pl[25993]: B8D39D49: Problem running virus scanner: code=999, category=swerr, action=tempfail
mimedefang.pl[25993]: B8D39D49: filter:  tempfail=1
mimedefang[26008]: B8D39D49: Tempfailing because filter instructed us to

... and @ clamav log:

-> WARNING: lstat() failed on: /var/spool/MIMEDefang/mdefang-UBuyV00/Work

As a reminder, clamav user is a member of the defang group and vice versa..