[Mimedefang] Error with mimedefang + clamd

Dianne Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu Nov 23 10:23:12 EST 2017

On Thu, 23 Nov 2017 14:25:28 +0200
"Info @ brainwash" <info at brainwash.gr> wrote:

> mimedefang with the -G option and have the clamav user as member of
> the defang group. In particular, the startup parameters of both
[...]

> .. and I get the issues with the Work files creation as initially
> mentioned, even though clamav user is a member of the defang group.
> Unfortunately, I cannot run clamav under defang due to admin
> restricions/policies.

Try stopping MIMEDefang and running:

chgrp -R defang /var/spool/MIMEDefang
chmod 750 /var/spool/MIMEDefang
chmod g+s /var/spool/MIMEDefang

That will make /var/spool/MIMEDefang have group "defang" and set
the SGID bit on the directory, meaning any directories or files
created under /var/spool/MIMEDefang will also have group "defang"
(and recursively down the whole tree.)

Rgeards,

Dianne.