[Mimedefang] replace_entire_message() help

Michael Fox news at mefox.org
Fri Nov 17 11:34:50 EST 2017

> > 1) When building $new_entity, does every field need to be included?
>
> Yes.

> > 2)  I can't figure out how to replace the Subject header - even with a
> > string literal.  For example, suppose I have the following in
> > filter_end():
>
> You can't replace top-level headers this way.  You need to use
> action_change_header(...)

Thanks Dianne.

But I guess I'm misunderstanding something fundamental because I don't understand how those two answers are not in conflict with each other.

In other words, if the top-level headers can't be replaced by new values in the MIME::Entity->build() method, then why do I still need to include them when building the new entity?

Perhaps you meant I need to include all header fields if they are part of a body part in a multi-part message?  Again, pardon if my nomenclature/phraseology isn't exactly correct.

Thanks,
Michael