[Mimedefang] resending mails from quarantine, modify Message-ID or use Resent-Headers?

Marcus Schopen lists at localguru.de
Tue Jan 3 13:19:22 EST 2017

Hi,

I'm playing around with resending quarantined emails, if the user wants
them to be delivered and check locally. I set Resent-Headers in those
resent messages, so that cyrus delivers and doesn't drop them as
duplicates. Some users users pop their mailboxes with exchange or
popcon. Any experiences out there, if those messages get dropped by pop
clients because of the same Message-ID or should I better change the
original Message-ID header to something like X-Orig-Message-ID and set a
new Message-ID header?

Ciao
Marcus