[Mimedefang] OT: Help Wanted at Virtru for a Programmer w/Java, Perl, Javascript, etc. and SMTP/MTA experience

Kevin A. McGrail KMcGrail at PCCC.com
Tue Feb 28 19:46:20 EST 2017

All,

Off-topic Help-Wanted posting but this is one of those lists where
someone might know Java and can argue RFC5822 as it it was chapter and
verse.

Regards,

KAM

Looking for a good programmer and especially one that knows programming
is a state of mind, not a language.  Lots of gear switching from Java to
JSON to Perl to Bash to whatever...  Ideal person from my POV will be a
jack of all trades with experience in programming, building and using
test structures, knows real-world MTA/SMTP issues, etc.

Good news is that it's a cool product at an exciting start-up. Just
named to CNBC's top 25 startups
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/28/upstart-25-virtru.html   The bad news is
you'll be working with me.

Email me at kevin.mcgrail-virtru at mcgrail.com if you are interested in
learning more or applying.

Specs Below

Senior Java Developer (Gateway)
Engineering | Washington, DC | Full Time
Job Description

Senior Java Developer (Gateway)

Virtru is a fast-paced startup with a strong performance-driven culture.
We are well capitalized with investments from Bessemer Venture Partners
and private investors. Virtru offers a competitive salary, full health
benefits, and the ability to work with talented coworkers in an
informal, collaborative environment.

The ideal candidate will have a natural passion for digital privacy,
software development, and great user experiences. We are a fun group and
want to keep it that way, which means you should be comfortable speaking
your mind, drinking a few beers, eating ramen, and geeking out about
side projects. Anyone who has trouble self-motivating is going to have a
hard time. We’re looking for an expert, who can make tough decisions. We
don't want anyone that needs constant management. If you have trouble
collaborating and self-organizing with the assistance of a Sprint Board
you shouldn't apply.

Unfortunately, we are only able to hire within the U.S. at this time.

Requirements

     Minimum 6 years working with Enterprise Java applications
     Experience building high throughput, secure products
     Experience developing JSON, RESTful APIs, and SDKs

Preferences

     Experience in any of the following is a huge plus: Javascript,
NodeJS, Perl, Mail Transfer Agents (MTAs) and SMTP servers
     Comfortable working with Git and Jira
     Experience working within a Scrum and/or Kan Ban agile process
     Strong natural analytical and creative abilities
     Team player who also enjoys autonomy
     Be willing to provide daily/weekly status updates