[Mimedefang] mimedefang not locating clamd running

Andrew Watkins andrew at dcs.bbk.ac.uk
Thu Dec 7 08:09:08 EST 2017

Hello folks,

Been using mimedefang for ages with clamav, but I just noticed that
mimedefang is not using clamd but only clamscan.

Problem is I am not sure what I am doing wrong:

- Installed clamav and clamd is running since it created the socket!

# ls -ld /var/spool/MIMEDefang/clamd.sock
srw-rw-rw-   1 defang8  nogroup        0 Dec  7 12:58
/var/spool/MIMEDefang/clamd.sock

but the configure of mimedefang does not spot it?

# export
PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/solarisstudio12.3/bin:/usr/local/clamav/bin

# ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mimedefang-2.81 --enable-anti-virus
--with-user=defang8
TREND    'vscan'     NO (not found)
CLAMSCAN 'clamav'    YES - /usr/local/clamav/bin/clamscan
AVP      'AvpLinux'  NO (not found)
AVP5     'aveclient' NO (not found)
KAVSCANNER 'kavscanner' NO (not found)
CSAV     'csav'      NO (not found)
FSAV     'fsav'      NO (not found)
FPROT    'f-prot'    NO (not found)
FPSCAN   'fpscan'    NO (not found)
SOPHIE   'sophie'    NO (not found)
NVCC     'nvcc'      NO (not found)
CLAMD    'clamd'     NO (not found)
TROPHIE  'trophie'   NO (not found)

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Andrew

--
Andrew Watkins * Birkbeck, University of London * Computer Science *
* http://notallmicrosoft.blogspot.com *