[Mimedefang] Multiple MIMEDefang instances (was Re: strip down mimedefang-filter to sub filter_recipient for md_check_against_smtp_server checks)

Marcus Schopen lists at localguru.de
Tue Oct 11 12:07:42 EDT 2016

Hi Dianne,

Am Dienstag, den 11.10.2016, 10:50 -0400 schrieb Dianne Skoll:
> Hi,
>
> While in principle, you can run multiple MIMEDefang instances, I really
> don't see the point.  MIMEDefang lets you write your policy in Perl,
> so I cannot see a use case that requires more than one instance of
> MIMEDefang.

I run milter-greylist and I don't want to run messages into greylisting
before I checked if recipients are valid (fills up greylisting database
with non existing recipients). My milter order in sendmail.mc looks like
this:

 mimedefang-beforegreylist -> S=inet:60000 at scanner (recipient check)
 milter-greylist (greylisting and some DNSBL checks)
 mimedefang -> S=inet:60010 at scanner (Spamassassin, Clamav etc.)

My idea is to point the socket of both socketnames
(mimedefang-beforegreylist, mimedefang) to the same socket
(S=inet:60000 at scanner) and then inside mimedefang-filter to check by
which socketname - mimedefang-beforegreylist or mimedefang - mimedefang
is connected, so that mimedefang-beforegreylist does only do recpient
checks. How do I do that? Could you push me into the right direction?

Ciao
Marcus