[Mimedefang] newbie prerequisite install questions

Michael Fox news at mefox.org
Mon Nov 21 12:16:07 EST 2016

I’m new to MIMEdefang and could use some more specific instructions on
installation.  Sorry for the many nit questions.  But I want to start off
right and I’m just not finding clear installation instructions.

I read http://www.mimedefang.org/static/mimedefang-lisa04.pdf, slide 30, and
it says only “Make sure you have indicated prerequisites installed.“  It
doesn’t say what those are.  The download page lists “Perl Modules from
CPAN”.  But it doesn’t say they are prerequisites either.   Are those the
prerequisites?

The Perl modules listed on the download page don’t have the usual
<name>::<name> format.  So I could use some clearer instructions.  For most,
it looks like I should probably just replace the “-“ with “::” and then use
my CPAN client to install that module:

MIME-tools:		Use CPAN client to install MIME::Tools
IO-stringy:		Use CPAN client to install IO::Stringy
MIME-Base64:	Use CPAN client to install MIME::Base64
Digest-SHA1:	Use CPAN client to install Digest::SHA1
Unix-Syslog:	Use CPAN client to install Unix::Syslog
Net-DNSBL-Client:	Use CPAN client to install Net::DNSBL::Client

Is that correct?

Then “MailTools-1” links to http://search.cpan.org/search?q=MailTools, which
has 28 pages of modules, none of which seem to be named “MailTools” or
“Mail::Tools”.  I just don’t know what I’m supposed to do there.  Please
explain.

Thanks,
Michael