[Mimedefang] Permissions on /varspool/MIMEDefang

Nels Lindquist nlindq at maei.ca
Fri Feb 12 12:04:01 EST 2016

On 2/11/2016 3:54 AM, Bill Maidment wrote:

> [...]

In /etc/sysconfig/mimedefang, what's the current setting for
MD_ALLOW_GROUP_ACCESS?

If group access is currently not allowed, then working files created
by MIMEDefang will not be created group readable irrespective of spool
directory permissions.

I recommend configuring MIMEDefang to use the default ClamAV socket
file location, adding the clam user (clam or clamav usually) to the
"defang" group and enabling AllowSupplementaryGroups in clamd.conf;
that way MIMEDefang and ClamAV can easily be independently updated
without clobbering each other.

- ----
Nels Lindquist