[Mimedefang] Sender Address Verification

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Fri Dec 9 17:22:28 EST 2016

On 11/23/2016 12:22 PM, Richard Laager wrote:
> On 11/22/2016 12:55 PM, Bill Cole wrote:
>> the SAV rule was never decisive in a correct SA 'spam' determination
>
> Thanks for sharing. This is good information.
>
> I've made a note to re-evaluate my SAV rules after the holiday. I have
> some test harnesses to determine whether an individual rule "made a
> difference" in the outcome of the spam decision.

I looked at 6 full days of my results. About 3.7% of the messages that
make it to SpamAssassin scoring (RBLs, attachment extension checks, and
ClamAV are earlier) were blocked *only* because of sender address
verification. That is, they were over the threshold with SAV, but under
the threshold without SAV.

--
Richard