[Mimedefang] Connecting Clamd via inet socket?

Marcus Schopen lists at localguru.de
Fri Dec 2 12:28:45 EST 2016

Hi Benoît,

Am Freitag, den 02.12.2016, 16:57 +0100 schrieb Benoit Panizzon:
> Hi all
>
> Does anyone know, if it's possible to use
>
> ClamdSock = "host:port";
>
> in MIMEDefang?
>
> I found very old posts stating, that clamd can only scan local files,
> thus has to be called on the machine the file resides.
>
> Is still this the case, or can the content to be scanned streamed via
> inet socket to a clamd host?

As I understand it, clamav needs access to local /var/spool/MIMEDefang/
and I don't see any lines in /usr/bin/mimedefang.pl hat point to a
tcp/ip socket for clamav.

What about moving clamav scans to a second mimedefang instance running
on a different host, which is only responsible for scanning and calling
this mimdefang afterwards?

Ciao!