[Mimedefang] documentation bug/omission for newbies

Dianne Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Apr 19 20:58:59 EDT 2016

On Tue, 19 Apr 2016 20:11:39 -0400
starlight.2016q2 at binnacle.cx wrote:

> Is easy for a technically competent person new to MIME
> to be smacked by the nuances, but a little up-front
> explanation would for the same audience be of great
> help and potentially save a lot of time.

I made 158 slides on the mimedefang.org web site...

MIMEDefang is a framework for programmers, and yes, you
are expected to know or learn about MIME and the various
Perl modules, especially MIME::tools.

> Here it has taken me a couple of days to
> get up to speed, but just looking at that Microsoft
> picture would have taken me to the same place in
> 15 minutes.

Oh, you mean like slide #52 of my slide deck?

http://www.mimedefang.org/static/mimedefang-lisa04.pdf

Regards,

Dianne.