[Mimedefang] documentation bug/omission for newbies

starlight.2016q2 at binnacle.cx starlight.2016q2 at binnacle.cx
Mon Apr 18 15:57:15 EDT 2016

I'm still having trouble seeing it--apologies.  Spent most of an hour going through the presentation deck Saturday while writing the body regex scanner and did not find anything that addresses it.  Just looked again searching the document for "body," "open," "text," "match" "regex," "regular," "expression," "getline" and "match" with no luck.

Seems perhaps an area where anyone solving the problem in the past never posted about it.  At this point I cannot picture a simpler correct solution than the one posted at the top of this thread.

Reading MIME-tools documentation was helpful but an (admittedly minor) gap exists between the class package documentation and the way that mimedefang presents the $entity MIME object.  This lead to my hackfest where I figured it out through trial-and-error (more error than trial I suppose).

On the bright side search-engines should lead others to this thread if they require something similar.

Regards