[Mimedefang] Embedded Perl (continued)

Amit Gupta amit777 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 10:57:18 EDT 2015

Apologies for starting a new thread. I couldn't find any messages in
my inbox to reply to.

Thanks Paul, Bill and Diane for your replies.

My situation is that the number of mimedefang.pl processes jumps to
about 70 during peak loads (we are processing a couple hundres
messages per minute on average).  Our filter file is in need of some
optimizations(since each mimedefang.pl is taking about 125mb of
resident memory), but I'm wondering if using embedded perl will help
in this situation.  I see you mentioned using embedded perl prevents
forking entire processes.. So does this mean each request is handled
by a thread within the main process instead?  So would my RAM
requirements be reduced drastically?

In my peak case, I roughly calculate my RAM usage just for md.pl to be
about 8GB.  If embedded perl makes this go down a lot, it's a major
win for me.

Thanks again for your help