[Mimedefang] Weird Issue in mimedefang-filter.

Peter Benac ppbenac at emacolet.com
Mon Nov 9 14:57:09 EST 2015

Greetings all,

       I just installed Mimedefang and SpamAssassin on a Debian (Jesse)
VM.   For the most part everything seems to be working correctly; however,
everything is getting marked as spam.   For some reason in the subroutine
filter_end between the call to spam_assassin_check and the call to
action_delete_header the contents of $reg and $hits is being stomped on (set
to NULL).

      I can see the two values set correctly after the return from
spam_assassin_check.  I have gone as far as commenting out everything
between the two calls. Nothing seems to work here.

     Perl = 5.20.2
     Linux  = Debian 8u5 (jesse)
     MimeDefang = 2.75-1     installed by apt-get
     SpamAssassin = 3.4.1    installed from CPAN

     Admittedly It’s been a number of years since I have run my own mail
server and dug into anything Perl this deep, but I am not new to either.
   I searched the archives and only one thing was even close.  Back in Jan
2015 a user complained that the SpamAssassin.txt file was being attached to
all his email.  This happens in my case as well.   Simply removing the call
to attach the file doesn’t fix this issue.   I suspect it really didn’t fix
his either, but he was using a commercial version and ya’ll sent him to the
product support. I am not using anything commercial here.

    Any help here would be appreciated.

Regards
Pete