[Mimedefang] Seeing weird SMFI errors

John Nemeth jnemeth at cue.bc.ca
Tue Aug 4 21:26:18 EDT 2015

On Aug 4,  6:04pm, Philip Prindeville wrote:
} On 08/04/2015 02:11 PM, Dianne Skoll wrote:
} >
} > This is why I resisted even adding a filter_helo callback.  It's
} > basically useless.  Anything you can do in filter_helo might as well
} > be deferred to filter_sender.
} >
} > If an SMTP client connects, says EHLO and then closes the connection...
} > do we really care?
}
} Potentially, yes...  If it's doing a denial of service attack I might
} want to notice the rate of incoming connections, save them into a .db

     This was what I was thinking.

} file, and start blocking them in filter_relay() as a way to rate-limit.

     However, it would be much better to filter at the OS level,
or even at the border router.

}-- End of excerpt from Philip Prindeville