[Mimedefang] Re: Missed executable attachments with empty Content-Type

Tomasz Ostrowski tometzky at batory.org.pl
Wed Apr 29 06:14:52 EDT 2015

On 2015-04-28 16:06, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
>>> Anyway, I made a SpamAssassin rule to block these [SecureMessage.chm].
>>
>> I think this resolution is unsustainable - this technique might get
>> popular fast if this proves to foul filters.
>
> (...)  MD is open-source and the enemy is the bastard spammers/malware
> authors.  Don't attack people trying to help, donating their time and
> giving you possible solutions.  Instead you might consider thanking
> them, providing feedback or even taking a swipe at the code and post a
> patch.

I'm very sorry if I've written something rude - I didn't mean to.
English isn't my primary language - I might have failed to convey a tone
of my statement.

I just wanted to report this to mailing list because I was afraid that
other users could have their network compromised if they used similar
setup. Thanks to Dianne's test on her systems I was able to find the
cause, which was outdated perl module. I've shared my solution in a
follow-up email.

I really think MIMEdefang is an awesome, very powerful software. It's
protecting my non-profit foundation for more than 10 years. Thank you.

Regards
Tometzky
--
...although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a
moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you