[Mimedefang] quarantine bad_filename messages

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Sep 9 11:02:07 EDT 2014

On Tue, 09 Sep 2014 10:43:44 -0400
Anne Bennett <anne at encs.concordia.ca> wrote:

> But that uses a global variable that assumes that the same
> slave will be used for the filter_begin and filter_end calls
> - I thought we were supposed to be very careful about such
> global variables.

In the mimedefang-filter(5) man page, there's a section called
MAINTAINING STATE that shows the different groups of functions.  The
documentation is weak... it doesn't explicitly say that you can count
on the same process handling
filter_begin/filter/filter_multipart/filter_end, so I'll have to
fix that because you can in fact count on that.

> Also, what's "filter_bad_filename"?

I believe it's a function defined in the sample filter.