[Mimedefang] clamav vs clamd vs clamscan

Cliff Hayes chayes at afo.net
Wed Oct 8 15:05:34 EDT 2014

I will have to go with clamd because clamav is taking 12 seconds to scan
an email with five words in it.

I tried disabling all repositories except epel like this...
yum --disablerepo=atrpms-bleeding --disablerepo=atrpms
--disablerepo=atrpms-testing --disablerepo=elrepo
--disablerepo=epel-testing --disablerepo=rpmforge --disablerepo=sl6x
--disablerepo=sl install clamd
... but then I got a long list of dependencies, then a bunch of errors
and requires, then ended with this...
  You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
  You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest
... so I guess I should go back to binaries?