[Mimedefang] Get the name of the AV scanning engine used

Jon Rowlan jon.rowlan at sads.com
Mon May 5 14:41:35 EDT 2014

> I have been trawling through mimedefang.pl and I can see where it
enumerates the AV engines list.
> But I would like to be able to identify the actual engine used that
detected the virus.
> I can't see that its in the $Scanner object that is used to actually
run the scan.
> Can anyone guide me please is this even possible or does MD discard
the name of the engine?

I have just discovered that I do not actually have clamscan on my
server, I have only got clamdscan and that would appear to mean that
clamd is being used. Features also tells me it is:

Archive::Zip                  : yes
HTML::Parser                  : yes
Net::DNS                      : yes
Path:CONFDIR                  : yes (/etc)
Path:QUARANTINEDIR            : yes (/var/spool/MIMEDefang)
Path:SENDMAIL                 : yes (/usr/sbin/sendmail)
Path:SPOOLDIR                 : yes (/var/spool/MIMEDefang)
Virus:CLAMD                   : yes (/usr/sbin/clamd)

But I would really like to know the name of the scan engine from MD so
that I can stamp my email with the engine used todetect a virus.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me with this posting to
please?

Thanks all,

jON