[Mimedefang] Builds for MacOS X?

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Wed Jan 29 19:17:19 EST 2014

I have some clients that are MacOS X shops, including using a Mac server box as their mail server.

They currently don’t use Mimedefang, but I’m trying to sell them on the idea.

MacOS already ships with Perl, SpamAssassin and Postfix, of course, so adding Mimedefang should be a no-brainer.

Problem is, they don’t want to build from sources, install, and then customize the config (other than mimedefang-filter, of course).  They want a drop-in .dmg or .pkg file they can use.

Problem is… I don’t know of anyone doing MacOS builds and I’m not seeing any references to MacOS in the sources.  Not seeing any project builder files, either.

Am I missing something?

Is there an obvious reason that Mimedefang isn’t used with MacOS?

Thanks,

-Philip