[Mimedefang] Builds for MacOS X?

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Fri Feb 7 01:11:35 EST 2014

On Jan 29, 2014, at 7:00 PM, David F. Skoll <dfs at roaringpenguin.com> wrote:

> No technical reason, I suppose, but I have a giant hate-on for Apple. :)
>
> http://david.skoll.ca/blog/2010-05-18-anti-apple.html

You might be shooting yourself in the foot.

By making products such as Mimedefang available to the “walled garden” Apple users, you’re giving them a glimpse into a wider world where things can deviate from the “Apple approved” way of doing things and still be successful, i.e. your own success should be all the proof they require to understood that there’s more than one suitable path to the destination (of enlightenment, or of things simply “just working”).

Indeed, if things just work despite throwing off the shackles of The One True Methodology, that erodes the foundation of the argument that a single “blessed” methodology is only way of arriving at that goal.

-Philip