[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang Notification

Jon Rowlan jon.rowlan at sads.com
Sun Dec 14 07:25:39 EST 2014

>> Log what is in all the variables without if conditions, e.g.

>> md_syslog('warning', "mailerlookuptable result was
$mailerlookuptable{$domain}");

>> md_syslog('warning', "JWR00115 I am host $host checking recipient
$rcpt_addr against server $1 for domain $domain with arg=$1");

>> That should be diagnostic.

Good call Joseph,

It was a permissions issue on the mailerlookuptable that I created. I
created it the same way as I do with mailertable and the permissions are
the same. I am opening the file read only.

As far as I can see the 5th position permission is set to "r" so the
members of the group owning the file is correct and mimedefang is run as
a user in that group but it wasn't until I chmod'd to 777 that my code
all sprung to life (only temporary 777 you understand!).

I had assumed that the reason I wasn't previously getting anything back
(I had tried the suggested output previously) is because the expression
didn't return a value ...

So now I am confused as to why the permissions are not sufficient ...
indeed I can't open mailertable either from MD.

jON