[Mimedefang] learner indicated ham

Bill Cole mdlist-20140424 at billmail.scconsult.com
Tue Aug 12 12:55:18 EDT 2014

On 9 Aug 2014, at 13:41, G.W. Haywood wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> On Sat, 9 Aug 2014, Bill Cole wrote:
>
>> ... you probably could get a better answer from the broader SA
>> community, but I'll offer a vague rambling one :)
>
> It wasn't all that vague. :)
>
> You guys do REJECT your spam, don't you?

Generally, yes. I actually manage spam control for multiple systems that
operate under a diversity of policy regimes, some of which require
tag-and-release and/or quarantine for some mail that is in fact nearly
pure spam. On my personal domain (>20yo, including still-live addresses
used for about a decade unmunged on Usenet) I reject >95% of all
attempted SMTP transactions before DATA (a majority doomed before MAIL)
so my "filter_end" function in MD (where SA gets a look) sees a mostly
de-spammed stream of messages.