[Mimedefang] Axigen with mimedefang

Mișu Moldovan dumol at gnome.org
Mon Apr 28 14:09:45 EDT 2014

On 28 April 2014 20:41, Fabian Santiago <fsantiago at garden-life.org> wrote:
> Thanks. Do you know if mimedefang needs to be set to run as a specific user, such as 'axigen'?

AFAIR, we run MIMEDefang as user defang and configured ClamAV to run
as the same user at the beginning. Then I got sick that almost every
time the queue grew unexpectedly it was the AV's fault and I disabled
it entirely and only relied on blocking a list of executable
extensions in our filter, including inside archives.

I think we also blocked encrypted ZIPs, so the way to send a file with
a problematic extension would have been either to change its extension
(eg. EXE->EX_) or encrypt it in some other way.