[Mimedefang] md_syslog not working Mimedefang 2.71

Matt Garretson mattg at assembly.state.ny.us
Fri Apr 25 14:26:59 EDT 2014

On 4/25/2014 2:06 PM, Jon Rowlan wrote:
> Should I go for a compile my own do you think Matt?

I suppose that, if you don't have problems, 2.71 is fine.  Attached is
the change log since 2.71 to help you decide.

OTOH, it's not difficult to compile & install MIMEdefang, as long as you
have some familiarity with the general process of working with
Autoconf and Make files, etc..  The hard part will be the perl module
dependencies, as some of what you have may be too old to work with the
latest MD.  In that case, there's always CPAN.  But that adds extra hassle.

Personally, on my mail servers, I always build sendmail, mimedefang,
spamassassin, and clamav from source. (Even if the distro has
up-to-date packages.)

My advice would be to stick with what your distro gives you, unless
you encounter problems, or just want to have fun installing 2.74
yourself.  :)