[Mimedefang] ADMINISTRIVIA: Yahoo users may not post to this mailing list

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 12:29:40 EDT 2014

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 10:26 AM,  <wbrown at e1b.org> wrote:

>> So, is it time for mailing lists to rewrite the From: header?   I've
>> always preferred ones that supply a Reply-To: back to the list so
>> people don't accidentally answer off-list anyway, but I know there are
>> arguments on the other side.
>
> That seems to be the consensus on the Listserv(TM) mailing lists.  They
> are doing it selectively after doing a DNS Query and detecting the broken
> setting.  See
> http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa-peach.exe?A2=ind1404&L=LSTOWN-L&F=&S=&P=61953

That's ummm, interesting, that you can't see their example format
without a login.   But it looks like they want to rewrite the
technical lists where most posters would never want to request a
private reply.    And doing anything 'selectively' also seems wrong if
you ever expect users to catch on to how a system works.

--
   Les Mikesell
      lesmikesell at gmail.com